About Photothermal Spectroscopy Corp
Photothermal Spectroscopy Corp. (PSC) develops award winning microscopy and materials analysis tools used for scientific research and development and has pioneered the field of optical photothermal IR spectroscopy (O-PTIR). We are looking for energetic individuals who love a start-up pace and are passionate about developing and commercializing the next generation of analytical instrumentation. If you like seeing your hard work provide high value results for customers, join us at PSC.
We offer a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation package. To apply send email to: [email protected]
For Agencies: PSC does not accept unsolicited resumes/CVs from agencies or recruiters, via this site or any company e-mail address. All unsolicited resumes sent to PSC will be considered our property. PSC is not responsible for any fees associated with such unsolicited resumes/CVs
Current open positions
We are seeking an applications scientist to join our team. This opportunity requires an individual who is self-motivated, passionate about technology, works well in a team environment and is interested in creating an outstanding customer experience.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Analyze samples and perform product demonstrations at our application laboratory or at customer sites worldwide
- Perform on-site installations, technical support and user training
- Attend trade shows and conferences to introduce our technology and promote new applications
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our network of academic and industrial collaborators and customers
- Participate in the development of new instrumentation, techniques and applications
- Provide technical and applications advice to colleagues
- Ph.D. in a science or engineering field, preferably with a focus in organic chemistry, polymer research or life science research
- Experience with vibrational spectroscopy techniques such as IR and Raman
- Experience in Life Science Microscopy techniques
- Excellent communication skills in English both spoken and written
- Willingness to travel
- Experience using nanoscale IR spectroscopy (AFM-IR) or O-PTIR or is preferred
- Competitive, based on qualifications and experience
Santa Barbara, California
To apply send email to: [email protected]
Our growing scientific instrumentation company is looking for a hard working and detail oriented Electro-Mechanical Assembler to join our team.
This is a full-time position, in our downtown Santa Barbara facility.
This position will primarily work within the Manufacturing group to assemble, test and help ship our products. This position may also help to assemble engineering prototypes and improve assembly documentation.
- Assembly of Final Product:
The Assembler is responsible for fully understanding the assembly and basic operation of all components and subassemblies that go into final products
- Assembly operations may include:
Utilization of mechanical fasteners (screws) and adhesives to assemble precision machined parts, gluing of optical components, cable harnessing / crimping, and light soldering in support of PCA rework / repair or cable assembly.
- Testing of Final Product:
The Assembler will help with the testing of products, by following written test procedures, to ensure all shipped products meet performance specifications.
- Shipment of Products:
The Assembler may help with the shipment of products. Tasks may include light lifting, packing of products, and completion of necessary paperwork.
- Prototype Assembly:
The Assembler may work with Engineering to assembly prototype designs, and to learn the basic concepts and operations of the prototype.
- Documentation Improvements:
The Assembler is responsible for improving, and correcting assembly documentation, with the assistance and guidance of Engineering.
The Assembler provides suggestions for product design enhancements for improved functionality, manufacturability, quality, reliability, and reduced cost and for the improvement of test fixtures or other assembly tooling.
- Minimum three to five years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working hands-on with mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experience working with mechanical fasteners, adhesives, and optical components.
- Experience working with basic hand tools, tweezers, pliers, cutters, screwdrivers, etc.
- Experience working with small parts and assemblies, requiring tweezers and high degree of manual dexterity.
- Experience with soldering of cable assemblies and basic circuit board assemblies.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- Basic computer skills required, with experience using Word, Excel, and email.
- Detail oriented with high attention to product quality, absolutely required.
Must have strong references, and pass background screening and drug test.
To apply send email to: [email protected]